Hermitage Brewing Company was founded in 2009 shortly after the closing of the iconic Tied House Brewery in San Pedro Square. Instead of opening up another brewpub, the owners decided to fulfill a need within the brewing industry that wasn’t being addressed: contract brewing.
Our main goal at Hermitage Brewing is to make the best possible beer as we can. To do that, we need the help of dedicated, passionate, and hard working people who love crafting beers as much as we do. Below is a list of job positions currently open at Hermitage Brewing. When applying for a position, please provide a cover letter and resumé.
- Minimum 1 year brewing experience in a production brewery.
- Able to work at a fast pace and handle multiple simultaneous operations (filtration/brewing/
- Flexible availability. Willing to work second shift and weekends. Weekend work will be required.
- Ability to repeatedly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Knowledge and practice of safe handling of chemicals, hot liquids, moving machinery, pressurized vessels.
- Detail oriented and careful.
- Knowledge of brewing practices, understanding and competence in cleaning and sanitizing all beer. contact surfaces, familiarity with brewing equipment including DE filter, mechanical ability. Brewing education preferred.
- Self-motivated, ability to work alone.
- Willingness to do every job in the brewery including packaging.
- This is a full time position with variable hours depending on brewing schedule.
Packaging Team Member/Warehouse Team Member
- Set-up and operation of keg cleaning machine including handling of dangerous chemicals, boiler start-up and blow down and shut down, air compressor on/off and CO2 on/off.
- Cleaning and Filling kegs including proper wrapping, labelling and packaging logs.
- Set up/prep for packaging – Staging bottles, labels, crowns, mother cartons, keg collars, etc for packaging runs.
- Operate bottling equipment including depalletizer, labeller, filler, pack off and palletizing cases. This includes repeated stacking of 28-40 lb cases on pallet and will require safe lifting procedures.
- Setting aside samples for QA/QC.
- Monitoring all QC control points including, bottle date code, label alignment, proper fill level, glass integrity, crown crimp.
- Cleaning and maintaining the packaging area and keg storage areas. Packaging area should always be clean and orderly.
- Keeping count of packaged product and accurately completing packaging records. Math skills are required: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Safe forklift operation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs and do physically-demanding work.
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels and temperature fluctuations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and to train as necessary.
- General cleaning projects of other areas of the brewery.
- forklift operation
- picking orders
- rotating stock
- sweeping and maintaining warehouse cleanliness
Hermitage Brewing Company offers competitive pay, opportunity for growth, and is an equal opportunity employer.